LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bombay Public Trust Act

(Querist) 07 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Please could anyone help

My query is if we read the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950, there is no provision that says an order of the concerned charity commissioner is a must.It only says that the charity commissioner, if he thinks to hold an enquiry will do so.

If I have filed a change report relating to addition of name of a Trustee, the said change reprot has been sent through post after few years I find out that the said change report is pending in the office of the charity commissioner.
Whose duty is it to pass orders
Or if the Charity commissioner has passed an order for want of documents change report seen and filed,does that amount to acceptance of the name of the concerned person as a Trustee.

Also suppose if the name is not indicated in the Sch I, is the said person to be treated as a legal trustee or a de- facto trustee.

In one of my case, the change report has been pending, he is filing change reports as reporting trustee. Now the concerned commissioner, is saying that as his name is not indicated in the Sch I, he has no legal rights to sign change reports.

Could anyone please assist me in which section to read and which book to refer for elaborate clarification

Please its very important to me
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 14 January 2011
No one answered the query, pity!!! I am not having time these days will be back to LCI after 18th and then only can answer the same.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :