LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 29 September 2010 This query is : Resolved 
According to one Leave and Licence agreemetn any disputes between the licensor (landlord) and licencee (tenant) shall be referred to an arbitrator. The Licensor shall have sole right to chose and select the arbitrator.
1. Now my question is who can act as an arbitrator?
2. Whether there is any special qualification?
3. Is it necessary to appoint an advocate?
4. Can the landlord appoint any person as arbitrator?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 29 September 2010
1. Any person capable of entering into a contract can act as arbitrator.
2. No unless the parties to the contract so agrees.
3. No
4. Yes, as the agreement provides for.
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 30 September 2010
1. Yes, any person.But my advise is to select a person of un-biased, sound knowledged.
2. There is no need for any qualification. But he shall have to handle the case, nderstand the disputes, the causes and teh root cause of it. He should be able to find the solution for it, to tell the reason for his decisions. Simply telling,he should discharge his duty as arbitrator
3.There is no need to appoint an advocate as an arbitrator. But it is better to have a person with knowledge of law is considered better, in fact essential.
4. If the agreement provises so, any party can appoint tehe sole arbitror on his choice

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query