LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 06 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I am Naresh Pawar, but by mistake my name was changed as Nareshkumar Pawar in school time.All educational certificaters are in name of Nareshkumar Pawar. I had submitted affidavit in my working organisation in 1998 as matter that Nareshkumar Pawar is same person as Naresh Pawar and all persons identifing & calling me as Naresh Pawar. but documently by mistake my name was changed as Nareshkumar Pawar instead of Naresh Pawar .From that time I am using my name as Naresh Pawar in my all personal Documents like PAN Card, Bank ACCOUNT. Now i am going to change my name in Gazette after so long period.Can I do this or any leagal problem for changig name so long period ?. Now I am applying for PASSPORT but passport authority required to submit their seperate format Annexure E with affidavit. I want to ask that how many times we can affidavit the same.Please me suggest your advice. Thank You
tamilarasibabu (Expert) 06 August 2009
Mr.Naresh, the exisiting name in your educational certificates only will be considered as a proof of document. So it is mandatory to publish your name in gazette for change of name.
once published in the gazette, U need to produce the same before the department of education authority and change the same in all your education records.
The gazette proof is enough for applying for passport, it is procedural aspect adopted by the passport authority emphasing for submission of Annexure E with an affidavit signed by Magistrate/commisioner/ gazatted rank officer.
If u publish change of name in gazette, U may avoid swearing affidavits in future.
a.manoharan (Expert) 06 August 2009
I accept with Tamilarasi's advice
V.V.RAMDAS (Expert) 06 August 2009
Thanks to tamilarsi for you kind clarification. I do agree with your view.
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 07 August 2009
any number of times the affidavits can be sworn!

there is no legal problem in changing your name.

fill the annexture and annex the affidavit to get the passport.

but the school records cannot be changed by mere affidavits!
Arul Kumar (Expert) 07 August 2009
As of now satisfy the Passport Authority for the purpose of issue of Passport. Then effect the change in the Gazette to avoid repeated issue of affidavits in the future.
naresh (Querist) 09 August 2009
I am government servant(PSU) before making affidavit or any action (in Gazette change)what type steps can I do. I am already submitting in 1998 an affidavit to management. i.e.
mistakenly my name was mentioned as Nareshkumar Pawar instead of Naresh Pawar. and Nareshkumar Pawar is same person as Naresh Pawar and all persons identifing & calling me as Naresh Pawar.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query