Redevelopment of Pagdi system chawl

This query is : Resolved 

19 October 2019

Respected Sir/Madam,
My name is Mahesh and I'm living in Mulund with my family in Pagdi system from last 40 years. We have slum pagdi system chawl in Mulund( MUMBAI ). My landlord sell land to other builder. builder want redevelopment of slum under SRA scheme but we don't want SRA scheme. We want development under private society with livable area. can we approach To MMRDA or Mhada for Redevelopment and what is the procedure ??

Mahesh Bhalerao

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
21 October 2019

Do you have registered rent agreement and landlord has issuied rent receipts/ pagdi amount?
Local laws apply to your query.
Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciaition of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
21 October 2019

1. Development of a private layout plot of land (pagdi land) CANNOT be done under SRA scheme and has to be done on the strength of the Landlord and a Developer. The Landlord is obviously wanting to abuse the resources of SRA, for this purposes.

2. Form & register a Cooperative Housing Society or a Resident Welfare Association and fight under this title and even file court litigation's against the Landlord's proposal. Contact me, IF you require paid Professional services, for achieving your purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu