Can int on chq amount for court delay can be reco 138 ni act

This query is : Resolved 

21 April 2019

Hi Everybody
I have filed a Complaint U/s 138 of NI Act for Chq Amount of Rs.100000/- the Court procedure is going on since last two years My Q is
Can I request Judge or recover Interest or Compensation for two years in addition to Chq Amount.

Please Guide

Satya nand aggarwal (Expert)
22 April 2019

see the latest amendment in section 143A introduced by the Amendment Act No.20 of 2018 in the Negotiable
Instruments Act, 1881 and the case law G. J. RAJA Petitioner (s) VERSUS TEJRAJ SURANA Respondent(s)

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
22 April 2019

Punishment prescribed in Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 provide reply of your question.
Amendment made in the Section 143 (insertion of "A") of the Act is inapplicable in the question of the author.

P. Venu (Expert)
22 April 2019

You can. Let the Court decide in its wisdom.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
30 April 2019

1. The Magistrate has no jurisdiction to order any "Interest" on the bounced cheque amount.

2. The Magistrate, at his discretion can order "compensation amount", which is independent of the cheque amount.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x