324 IPC non-bailable & non-compoundable

is 324 IPC bailable or non-bailable,compoundable or non-compoundable ? It is amended in Cr.P.C amendment 2005 and enforced on 31.12.09 by the Central Government ,but here at Bihar, the criminal court does not act so as the Bihar government does not confirm it ? my question is that if the Bihar government does not implement it, then this section will be bailable or compoundable ?

Arvind Singh ChauhanOnline (Expert)

Cr.P.C is a central act and amendment Act is also central Act. Unless there is amendment by state govt. it is enforceable in this state without any conformity.

s.subramanian (Expert)

yes. i agree with arvind

vijayan (Expert)

Section 324 of IPC was amended in the year 2005 and it became a non bailable offence; but the commencing date of this amendment is not notified so far by the central government. So at present Section 324 of IPC is bailable offence .

Section 324 of IPC was again amended in the year 2009 and it became non compoundable offence and by the amendment act itself, this amendment along with other amendments came in to force immediately. So at present Section 324 of IPC is a non compoundable offence.

I thik this clarification will clear the doubts.

WHATSAPP 91-8075113965 (Expert)

expert vijayan is absolutely right .

salil kumar.p
advocate
thalassery-670101
9447536929
advocatesalil@gmail.com

Advocate Anuj Anand (Expert)

I agree with Mr. Vijayan

×