25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Workers refuse to work cos of Agreement is due

(Querist) 22 October 2008 This query is : Resolved 
We had a external union and 50% of the blue color employees had done an individual agreement with company and enjoying the benefits as per the new increase. Rest of the 50% of employees are not ready to do the same, they want the agreement has to be done with union jointly.

Now management don't wanna discuss the same with the union. Now today we had suspended 2 of them for some misconduct. All of them had stoped the work and not entering the premises (Strike).

In this situation what to do?
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 22 October 2008
Issue them a notice that the strike is illegal and if they donot resume work within 24 hours, disciplinary action shall be taken against them. Meanwhile manage with the temporary hands. Once the strike fails, they will come to terms. Suspend mischievious elements follow up disciplinary action.
Murali Krishna (Expert) 22 October 2008
It amounts to illegal strike. Any union if it desires to give a strike call, it has to give a notice to the organisation.
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 23 October 2008
Notice is required if it is a public utility service otherwise no notice is required. However a strike in breach of contract is illegal.
Initial days of strike period are difficult for the employer and subsequently it is the employees who suffer.
Shashikant V. Patil (Expert) 26 March 2009
Already there are two division made in your Co. 50% employee made an agreement with Co. and doing service. The rest 50% stick on to enter an agreement with their union jointly. Then there has to be problems. Company do not want to discuss with union. Leave it and sign the agreement individually for securing your jobs.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query