LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

women agianst domestic voilence act

(Querist) 11 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
whether women against domestic volilence act has been extented to u.t.of pondicherry if so when it has been extended

without extending can case be filed under theAct?
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 11 January 2009
pls c the Section 1 of the Act.

if it is not extended to ur UT then u can not file a complaint under that act in ur UT.
Guest (Expert) 12 January 2009
The Act's name is "The protection of women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005. It came into force w.e.f. 26th of October, 2006 through out the India except Jammu & Kashmir.
You can file the case under this Act. For several reliefs, forms have been prescribed under the Rules.
The applicant /aggrieved person under the Act must be a woman.

prabhakar (M)9958670740
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 12 January 2009
Yes, Prabhaker Sir is absolutely right. I do agree with him.
MANISH (Expert) 16 January 2009
Dear Mr. Mohan,

Sec. 1 (2) of the clearly says that the act shall be applicable to whole of India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir,
it clearly means that if your territory comes under the territory of Union of India, then this Act shall definitely apply to your state.
Further, it has been clearly stated in the Act itself that the provisions of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 shall be applicable, if your U.T. follows Cr.P.C., then definitely the provisions of PWDV Act shall be applicable to your U.T.
ritu bhadana (Expert) 03 April 2009
mr. manish and mr. prabhakar are absolutely right
Hiralal Das (Expert) 05 April 2009
I do agree with the valuable opinions of the learned members. Thanks all of you.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 28 February 2010
I do agree with Mr.Prabhakar & Mr.Manish

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query