LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 August 2010 This query is : Resolved 
An elderly person who is having three daughters and one son has willed his valuable property in the name of his son under his pressure.The son has also obtained NOC from his sisters by putting emotional pressure.In the will it is written it is irrevocable. Now the person wants to change his will.Can he do so now and whether his latest will be applicable even it is written in the earlier will that it is irrevocable.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 09 August 2010
There is nothing called irrevocable will in the eye of law and the testator during his lifetime can execute as many number of wills as he likes. But the law is that only the last one if validly executed will be treated as the final testament.
s.subramanian (Expert) 09 August 2010
the mention of the words irrevocable in the will itself makes the very will invalid. because law does not recognise such a concept at all. the testator is fully at liberty to write as many wills as he desires. and the last of such wills alone will be enforceable in law.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 09 August 2010
The testator during his lifetime can revoke his will at anytime and execute new will as he likes.
Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 09 August 2010
Yes. The Testator can change his Will& create a fresh Will. However, the 2nd. Will should state the revocation of the earlier Will.
Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert) 09 August 2010
The WILL is arrangement of property which comes into operation after the death of testator. The testator can change his WILL before his death and the WILL created exactly before the death shall prevail.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 10 August 2010
Father can anytime execute other will and the last will prevails all other wills
madan kumar tiwary (Expert) 10 August 2010
will can not be irrevocable. and remember last will have over riding effect upon all previous will. He can make a new will and get it registered too.
Sukhija (Expert) 12 August 2010
He can make a new will and get it registered, so that it will prevail over unregistered will. make mention in it that all the wills made earlier are hereby cancelled.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query