LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Voter's right

(Querist) 16 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I have been residing in the same premises for over 20 years; and I have been issueed with Voter ID.
I was casting vote at every election till last election.
This Parliment election, my name is not in the Electoral, (while attempting to download the booth slip, Upon checking at the website, it simply responded with SEARCH NOT FOUND)

On raising the complaint, the election commission, immediately close the complaint without resolving it (it means fails to receive the complaint)

I called over the ECIL Office, shockingly, I was accused of possibly having two ID cards, which is absurd.

How could a responsible organization issue two ID cards to one person, especially when I have lived at the same address for 20 years with only one ID card. Such an accusation against a law-abiding citizen like me is highly objectionable.

I expect this matter to be resolved , and to get a positive so that I can exercise my democratic right to vote.

Veterns, please advise where to file a case as the election date is nearing..
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 16 April 2024
give a formal complaint.
visuiyer (Querist) 16 April 2024
A complaint was lodged and communicated over the phone. However, they indicated that it may not be possible to cast a vote in this election. As a bona fide taxpayer and senior citizen, I feel my democratic rights to vote under the articles in Constitutional law have been forfeited for no valid reason
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 April 2024
You may file a writ petition before high court and request to take it up as an urgent case since the elections are on the way and get your case resolved by a direction to the election commission through high court order
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 18 April 2024

I refer to Shri Sudhir Kumar Advocate and I also find this as a repeat question. Hope your questions are real and not hypothetical.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now