Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 09 April 2011 This query is : Resolved 
NDPL has issued an electricity connection on the roof of my DDA flat for a flat NO. which does not exist (Proved by DDA and MCD via RTI reply). On my complaint, NDPL gave me the copies of registered Agreement to Sell for that property submitted by the culprit saying their commercial formalities were complete and as per DERC regulations they can issue a connection. IS Agreement to SEll and Purchase a valid document for getting an electricity connection as Ownership Proof? Can NDPL issue a connection for a DDA flat which does not exist in Govt. records as notified by DDA and MCD in their RTI? I have registered a police complaint and filed a case for the cancellation of forged documents of the culprit. What further steps can I take to get the electricity connection disconnected at the earliest.?
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 10 April 2011
I distinctly remember you posted the same query some months back. Again you are posting the same query.
In any case, forget about electricity connection. Please indicate whether there is any constructed portion on your roof or not?
If available, did you make any formal complaint to the DDA/MCD and ask for its demolision? IF NOT WHY NOT.
If you have made a formal complaint and if DDA/MCD had not taken any action, then file a writ petition before the HC for appropriate direction to the DDA/MCD for demolition of the unauthorised construction. Such demolitions are taking place in Delhi, which you are quite aware. Once the construction goes, the question of granting any electricity connection would not arise. It is not for NDPL to find out whether the construction is authorised or unauthorised before giving the connection.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 11 April 2011
I also feel that it is not for the Electricity Distributor, i.e. NDPL, to ascertain as to whether the construction is authorised or not. They need certain documents evidencing ownership or occupation of the property by the applicant for power supply. The agreement for supply of electricity and the agreement for sale of property are distinct. You may challenge in the court of law if any your rights are affected.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query