LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

to become a candidate in the panchayathu election

(Querist) 13 April 2009 This query is : Resolved 
iam joined in the indian army as soldier gd trainee in 2003. after 29 days of joining i quit from the training centre without the permission because of i cannot adjust the military life. when i was escaped from the military without the permission my training not started. sir i didn't recieve any communication from the army or police.can i know the reason for army not takin any action?.

sir i know that a job in the indian army is great honour. in that days when i was joined in the army my mental condition was going down.mentaly i was not able to adjust with that situations. one day i was very much depressed and left from the training centre. after that i suffered a lot. i recovered from that condition. and i decided to serve my country as a social worker. now iam serving people. people in my village and my party members saying to me to become a candidate in the next panchayathu election. is any problem to become a candidate.
now i am suffering a lot for the dicision i was taken in the the age of 19 without proper knowldge. to get discharge certificate from the army i have to face a court of inquiry and i have to stay in the training centre for a few days. to stay in the training centre is not easy. i will have to face ragging etc.

so can i know that have any problem to me to become a candidate in the panchayathu election without recieving a dismissal or discharge certificate from the army ?.
Shashikant V. Patil (Expert) 14 April 2009
Legally you will have to face court of inquiry is a mandatory procedure in the Army even though you have to stay for some few days. You cannot say it is ragging is inappropriate word not deemed fit for defence organisation. You take clearance through proper channel i.e. you go there personally and get the clearance and tell them that due to my domestic problem or unfit to undergo training, I am seeking dismissal from service as I have already absented from duty/training without permission and therefore let them give dismissal on disciplinary ground. Once that procedure completed, your worries will go off. After that, you can definately contest election of Panchayathu.
kumar (Querist) 14 April 2009
mr.shashikant patil
Expert Lawyer.

thank you for giving advice to solve my problem.( and sorry for using word like "ragging".)
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 14 April 2009
Thank you Mr. Patil.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query