30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 May 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I had put some money in fixed deposit of NBFC sahara.

yesterday , on date 3rd May 2011, they have given me Form 16A for the period 1 april 2008 to 30 june 2009.

They say TDS certificate for remaining period will be coming soon.

But the date of issue of this certificate is 2-2-2010 and date on which tax deposited is 28 january 2010.

As my income is non taxable, so I have never filed IT return.

On that certificate, it is also mentioned that Date of releasing TDS certificate is 24-3-2011 ( due to late submission of PAN )
Is this certificate useful or has it expired ?

Can I claim refund now ?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 04 May 2011
This certificate is still valid and you shall have to file your IT return since 2008 so that TDS may be got refunded to you.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 May 2011
Is it legal to file IT return of 2008 onwards now in 2011 ?

I asked some accountant.

He was demanding bribery for filing return in back date.

Please guide me how to file return from 2008 onwards now in may 2011 ?
abhay dholakiya (Expert) 04 May 2011
it is very easy u go in site of It department and upload ur return with ur self also and u can contect some account student who is connected with this type of work
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 04 May 2011
Dear Anonymous,
For claiming the refund you have to file a return.
For filing a return, PAN Number is mandatory.
Therefore, first apply for and obtain the PAN Number. This will be made available to you within a week's time from the time of application.
Immediately, you file the return for the relevant Assessment Years (i.e. AY 2009-2010 - this relates to the financial year 2008-2009; and AY 2010-2011 - relating to financial year 1.4.2009 to 31.3.2010).
Along witht the return you have to attach the TDS Certificate, and a Claim for refund of tax in Form No. 30.
There is time for you to file the returns. You should also attach a copy of the covering letter received from Sahara NBFC.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 May 2011
Respected Sir,
I have got PAN for many years but as my annual income was non taxable, so I NEVER filed return except 15 years ago, I had paid 1500 .At that time, rule was to pay 1500 and no body will ask you anything.
Next year that rule was stopped for ever.

Please guide me how to file return

R.Ramachandran (Expert) 04 May 2011
I do not know where you are living. If you are in Delhi, you can contact me on my mobile 9868211477. I can help you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query