Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taking back phd degree from student

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 18 November 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My PhD student who has been awarded in 2020 is creating lot of trouble in my career and position.
Is there any possibility to take back her PhD degree now
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 18 November 2023
are you serious ?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 November 2023
You are not the one who conferred the pH. D decree.
It was the university which awarded the decree.
If you have any personal grievances against him then you can initiate appropriate legal action directly from your side either through police or court.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 November 2023
Did you give Ph.D. to the student?
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 20 November 2023
Is it same case
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 November 2023
Yes he has repeated the same question in a different form in another thread.
The purpose of repeating the same in a different form may be to extract some crooked ideas from experts here to punish the innocent student

S.JEEVAGAN, Madurai. (Expert) 28 November 2023
"No". No degree can be cancelled / revoked by any university unless the same has been obtained by the scholar by fraudulent means.
The Ph.D. degree can be revoked if the thesis was found to be plagiarized.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now