LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surname change

(Querist) 22 March 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hello everyone
My name is nikita and i am married i had change my surname after i got married .solanki to goyal all my education certificate are with name of nikita solanki
And now my identity cards are with the name of nikita goyal
Now i am applying for govt job so my query is
1 from which name should i fill govt job application
2 if i have to go for document verification what should i do so i am not rejected becouse of my surname issue
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 22 March 2021
when you changed the title ? you name once been changed by GAZETTE then you can use only the new title
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 22 March 2021
You have to fill the new name and not the old one, if you have changed the name by gazette notification as properly prescribed.

Your old name in the records will have to be read as new name when you keep the gazette notification along with the old record bearing old name.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 March 2021
You completed your studies before marriage. So it is not necessary for Gazette notification. But you have to get your marriage registered before the Marriage Officer concerned. In the marriage application, you have to mention your surname of the husband and get the Marriage Certificate with your new surname.
Nikita Goyal (Querist) 23 March 2021
What if i fill my application with solanki surname
And my id cards have goyal surname
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 23 March 2021
you can fill in the form as "Nikita Goyal".
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 March 2021
"Solanki" surname has been changed subsequent to your marriage, whereas certificate(s) and testimonials contain "Goyal" which can not changed retrospectively.
You may mention both surnames, if you feel so strong about your surname of "solanki".

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now