Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Summons to the opposite party when he resides outside India

(Querist) 28 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed a case for Domestic Violence in which my client reside in Bangalore, India and the opposite party is presently residing in Australia. The case has been admitted and the Hon'ble Magistrate has issued summons to the opposite party. As the opposite party is avoiding summons the complainant is unable to serve the summons. Alternativly I have asked Court to issue summons through jurisdictional Commissioner of Police. Yet still summons are not served. They ask for the pasport no. which my client is unable to trace out. He is permanent resident of Bangalore.
In such a case how can my client find his passport no.?
V.Raghavan (Expert) 28 August 2008
You can find out his passport number from the office of origin(Indian town) where he obtained informing the year of obtaining and his place. But it is better to have a court's order for this
sanjay kumar patibandla (Expert) 02 September 2008
By addressing the letter to regional passport authority by mentioning all the facts. I f the authority refuses to give number file a petition before the court to call for the records from the passport authority.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query