LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suicide by husband

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 August 2010 This query is : Resolved 

I had a cousin brother who committed suicide due to his wife's daily fights at home and her parents' used to support her in that. after 4 years of marriage he committed suicide. he inherited a 2 year son. At the time of death my uncle held no one responsible for it. But now the girl's parents are saying that my cousin didnt had good character but its far from truth. Is there any provision in law wherein we can go for justice for my cousin or do the law supports only the women even if they are wrong ??
Raju Ramparag Gupta (Expert) 09 August 2010
you had not mentioned that in which year it happened and how many years have elapsed.
you can still take cognizance of the case.
There is no limitation for criminal case.
Even it is not logical that when your cousin committed suicide at that time what the police was doing?
they could have esily known the reason of suicide. The police are not so stupid to let the culprit go so easily.
I do understand the Law favours the women but it doesnt allow a women for any criminal activity.
She would be charged with cruelty, harrassment and Abetment for suicide.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 09 August 2010
I do agree with Raju.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 August 2010
Thanks Raju. It happened a month back from now. Do we have any clear cut law defined for such kind of acts ?
s.subramanian (Expert) 09 August 2010
i agree with raju.
Guest (Expert) 10 August 2010
1. Agreeing with ld. members you can still file criminal case against them as it still falls under Limitation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query