LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Steps to be followed for change of Name in A.P

(Querist) 07 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Hi all,
I want to know where I get application for change of name in Hyderabad,A.P, And after gettiing application to whom and where I have to submit the same, And what steps should I take for legally valid change of Name. Please give me datails from the begining to till the end the steps to be followed for change of name, And provide me formats if any available. please its urgent.
Manish Singh (Expert) 10 May 2008
Procedure for Change of Name In G.O. (P) No. 819 G.A. (Gen-C) Depart Q 8-12-77 the Govt. have laid down a procedure for change of name by the citizen of India residing in A.P. State. According to Para 2(1), any person who intends to change his name residing in the State of Andhra Pradesh has to apply in the Form prescribed in Annexure-I to the District Magistrate/ Addl. District Magistrate/Executive magistrate. Basing on the information furnished by the individual, the District Magistrate/Addl. District. Magistrate/Executive Magistrate after satisfying himself and after obtaining enquiry report, if necessary shall issue a letter or Memorandum in the Form prescribed in Annexure-II.

Under Para 2(2) of the said G.O. all the Executive Magistrates are empowered to issue of such certificates under their jurisdiction. The District Collector can delegate the powers towers to all MROs/Executive Magistrates in the district to issue certificates in Annexure-II.

Application Form


The Mandal Revenue Officer,



1. I.A.B(Existing full name of the personconcerned in Block Letters). Insert his full present address showing Door No Locality, Village or town or Cirty,Police Station, Taluk,& District where born at and as a Citizen.

2. My age on the date of application is(date of birth in the Christian Era and age).

3. My father's full name is/in Block letters.

4. My Mother's full name is/in Block letters:

5. I am single/Married/Widow

6. My wife's/Husband's full name is/was :

7. Marks of identification :




8. Occupation :

9. I am in the service of the State Govt./the Govt. of India. State the nameof the Dept. Designation and date ofhis appointment.

10. Profession or Occupation other thanGovt. service (here state detailsregarding designation, name and addressof Employer, Station of posting etc.)

11. Intend to change my existing name as full name in block letters.

12. I.A.B. to solemnly and sincerely declarethat the fore-going particulars stated in this application are true and I makethis solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.

Place : Signature of the Applicant

Date :



With reference to the application filed by---------------------is informed that on the basis of the information available, ---------------------(address)---------has qualified for recognition as a Citizen of India. The communication has been issued to him/her so as to enable him/her to change his/her name/surname and it has no legl validity what so ever.

Mandal Revenue Officer,

Mandal Executive Magistrate

SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 31 July 2008
Manish has replied very well. Nothing left to say.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query