25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Right in father's property

(Querist) 28 June 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I'm married in a joint family.My husband has 2 brothers,one elder and one younger.We live in a complex where we have residential house and 2 factories.The land of residential as well as that of the factory is in the name of my father-in-law.My husband is a 1/3rd partner in one of the factories,the 2/3rd partners being the other brothers.Nowthe elder brother fabricated a 30 year bogus lease in his name and snatched the factory from my husband.As a result my husband has no income and dependent on my father-in-law.A case is pending in the court for the same.Couple of years back my father-in-law and the 2 brothers came together against my husband,myself and my daughter.They are threatning to turn out my family from the home.To mention,my husband is around 48 yrs and has been staying in this house since birth.I married 25 yrs back and since then has been staying in this home.My father-in-law is a popular politician and very influential person.My husband is a heart patient.My father-in-law is threatning us to take our belongings and leave house or else he will get my family eliminated.As a result of this threat,my mother wrote a complaint to the ssp regarding the safety of my family.We have a common kitchen.My query is can my father-in-law turn my family out of house or can he stop our eating food from the joint kitchen?My father-in-law has even stopped giving school fee for my daughter who is a brilliant student.Since last month,my mother has been sending me money to meet our daily expenses.It is not possible for her to send money to us every month as she is living on a family pension herself.And to mention,my father-in-law is around 80 years old but still has everything in his control.Very dominating and even a characteless person.He married again at the age of 70 after my mother-in-law expired.please advice.The house where we stay is in the name of father-in-law and is his self acquired property.Can he turn me,my husband and my daughter out of the house?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 28 June 2010
Repeated query.
You have already been relied by me on previous occasion.
Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 29 June 2010
Yes. He can turn U,your husband and your daughter out of the house. your only remedy is to sue him u/s 125 Cr.PC.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query