LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 30 November 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sirs,

My friend who is a trustee was supposed to attend the hearing with the income tax department for the matters related to the 80G application, due to his brother in law sudden death he was not able to attend and he requested me to attend the proceedings. I hold a degree in Bachelor in Commerce. Accordingly, I attended the hearing and explained the situation to the CIT. I was asked by the CIT to submit a POA. Since I am not a Chartered Accountant will a POA in my name be valid?

I appreciate a format for POA would be helpful to submit the same to the Income tax department
Please suggest.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 30 November 2023
Your friend may give/execute a POA in favour of you. It will be available in Google and search for your needs.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 December 2023
You can get an authorisation letter or a POA deed executed by your friend in your favor, you are not required to be an auditor for doing this job.
Vijay (Querist) 02 December 2023
Will my friend be the first party and me the second party on the Rs. 100 non-judicial stamp paper under the description and Special Power of Attorney

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now