LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rented property

(Querist) 08 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I stay since last forty years in rented property and recently my landlord sale the said property.
And new landlord says vacant the property they are convert to above property in Shopping mall.
Todays that property value is too much. So what our rights and what we do.
and how to stop that property in convert to Mall.
Prakash Yedhula (Expert) 08 April 2008
The new landlord cannot throw you out just like that. He needs to file a petition before the rent controller for eviction on the ground of demolition and reconstruction or for any other grounds and you can contest the same. In case he threatens you to vacate, you can file a suit for injunction restraining the landlord from disturbing your possession except under due process of law. However, if your land lord come for any monetary settlement opt for the same as the courts today are pro-landlord and the chances of your succeeding is less.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query