Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Relationship certificate issuing authority in tamilnadu

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
01 June 2018

Respected Sirs/Madam,s,

I am in need of a Relationship Certificate (which should indicate the relationship of myself and my daughter) to produce the same for the admission to medical college in Kerala during the admission to MBBS since myself and my daughter are NRI - and the above document is the proof to re-confirm the relationships. This document is mandatory in Kerala but not sure about the case in Tamilnadu. But since I am a resident of Tamilnadu and my wife and children are of Kerala, I need to get the Relationship Certificate from Tamilnadu Revenue Authority as I understand. But unfortunately, the concerned VAO / Village officer is not willing to issue this certificate and his justification is that he has never been issued such any certificate so far to anyone !

I am helpless here to proceed further and not aware to whom I should approach. I would please be requested you to help on this regard, with your kind advice.

Thanking you in advance,
with regaqrds

Guest (Expert)
01 June 2018

The VAO is Right to some extent that it is not a common practice in TN. You could check whether an Affidavit would suffice and get an Affidavit drafted by an Advocate in Stamp Paper and get it Notarized please. Other wise try to convince the VAO in any other manner. depending on your urgency please.

gkOnline (Querist)
01 June 2018

Dear Rajkumar Sir,

Thank you for your immediate response. mentioned
"Its not a common practice means ...." whether he could reject our application for the same, on what ground? Since I feel the revenue administration rules may be common in all our states as far as such certificates/documents issue is concerned? I wish to correct my knowledge, please.

Guest (Expert)
01 June 2018

In TN it is mentioned as Family Member Certificate which could be issued on basing the Ration Card and other proofs. Discuss with Superiors to VAO like Tehsildar Or Thasildar as normally mentionedin TN please

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)
02 June 2018

Agree with Raj Kumar alias Narasimha.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x