LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

regarding rented property

(Querist) 12 November 2008 This query is : Resolved 
we have a rented building for last more than fifty years.we were paying rent regularly.but for last almost five to six years landlord not accepting the rent.My father sent the rent by money order but the landlord refused to accept it.there after we tried to give it personaly and asked the reason for not accepting the rent but he didnot reply satisfactorily.In this building we are running a lodging and boarding father was looking after the same.My father expired two years back,now my two brothers are looking after the same.five years back we paid the rent for a year but the land lord did not give the father asked for it so many times.landlord assured to give the receipt but didnot .landlord wanted to evacuate the building for commercial purpose as the property is situated at prime location.My query is that can landlord evacuate the property from us ? what steps should we take in this matter since my father is no more now? we are ready to pay rent of entire unpaid period.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 15 November 2008
You can very well file a case in rent control court for deposit of rents in to court, provided under the Act.

But only based on your law in your State

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query