LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

refugee rehabilitation land

(Querist) 06 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
The refugee rehabilitation department alloted a land to a person and latter handed over the deed to that person. It was also informed that the person can sell the land at his discretion. If that person wants to make a will depriving one of his sons will it be valid in the eye of law? The depriving son's view is that the land was given by the Govt. to a person for maintaining his family. So one can not deprive a member of that family. Is it tenable?
Pradyot Biswas
Prakash Yedhula (Expert) 29 May 2008
If the refugee had the power to alienate under the allotment, certainly he can make a Will of his choice. The contention of the depriving son though looks as a defence would not certailnly stand in the court of law.
KamalNayanSaxena (Expert) 27 June 2008
I think nothing remains pending, Query must be treated as resolved.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query