Query on cheques lost

Hi Sir,

I lost my cheque book. But I have not signed on them. I have informed it to bank.

Anything else I need to do for this ? Kindly educate. Thanks.

Sb Karma (Expert)

report police of your lost...with cheque details,and keep report copy,if any bad happens in future,it will help you......don't worry it is free and instant..so go to police station.

Submit an application supported with duly sworn affidavit with prayer to lodge DDR. It shall be beneficial to obtain its copy from the concerned police station.for your necessary record.

Ram PrasadOnline (Querist)

Raj kumar Sir, whats the meaning of DULY SWORN AFFIDAVIT . Kindly explain once. I am new .

It means ou need to get typed an affidavit and get the same attested either from Executive magistrate or a Notary.

Well advised by experts, I concur.
Nothing more to add.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

In addition to notifying the bank about the lost cheques, you may give a complaint to the police about the lost cheques and obtain a receipt for that so that you can challenge the litigation if any arises at a later stage

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x