Learn Execution Proceedings Under CPC Order 21.
Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 November 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed cases against a accused under sec 138 of IPC, and he is absconding and a proclamation is issued on his name, since 2 to 3 years he has been untraceble, From Sources i have learnt that he is attending some event next month, how do i catch him and produce him in the court
Piyush Vaishnava (Expert) 10 November 2011
you should inform to local police about it.
ajay sethi (Expert) 10 November 2011
yes inform the local police about it . you must be having copy of court order declaring him an absconder . go to police station with copy of the order
Arvind Sehdev (Expert) 11 November 2011
You must be having the certified copy of the order of the court. Go along with that to the Police Station and inform them. If you know the exact time of his arrival or atleast a brief idea [as events have timings] then take the police along with you and get hold of him.
Arvind Sehdev (Expert) 11 November 2011
and just want to confirm 138 IPC or 138 NIA [Negotiable Instruments Act] {Cheque Bouncing case} ?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 November 2011
It is 138 NIA , cheque bouncing case
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 11 November 2011
Inform the local police.

Better still, assist the local police with order of proclamation by identifying him.


Shonee Kapoor
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 12 November 2011
agree with similar advise of all learned experts.
C. P. CHUGH (Expert) 13 November 2011
By declaring a Person Proclaimed Offender, the court issue Public Notice authorising any person to arrest or have arrested such PO. In case you have an order of Proclamation and you are aware of the presence of such PO at a particular time or place, you your self can arrest him and handover him to the nearest Magistrate or Police Station. You can also seek the help of other people around by showing them a valid proclamation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query