25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 June 2010 This query is : Resolved 
My father has two FDs in Saraswat Bank.In one FD he has nominated my elder son but not mentioned Guardian name and other FD is jointly in the name of my father & mother.Now , subsequent to the demise of my parents ,the Bank is refusing to transfer the FD in my name.

Pl advice.
Thanking you in advance.
Daksh (Expert) 28 June 2010
Dear Anonymous,

In lieu of the law of succession you have to approach the civil court for procuring succession certificate whereafter the bank is bound to transfer the FD in your name. In the alternate there is usually descretion vested with the Branch Manager of the bank to transfer the same in case you procure No Objection Certificate from other legal heirs and tender a Indeminity bond as per bank manual.

Best Regards

Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 29 June 2010
I agree with Mr. Daksh. In some states, the Administrator-General is empowered to issue Heirship Certificate if the sum is not huge.This is generally accepted by banks.
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 29 June 2010
The experts agree or not they can not change law.

You have to take succession certificate from court having jurisdiction in your area.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 June 2010
Thank you all for replying to my query

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query