Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need to know the chances of getting divorce

(Querist) 16 March 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I got married in 2003 (Love Cum Arrange marriage). Its been almost two years now that we are living separately. I only have a younger sister in my family. My so called wife always used to fight with her on small things. She wanted her domination in house. According to her I should have given all the importance only to her & her family members. She always forced me to do things as per her wish. We used to have strong arguments & fights till late nights. I had tried my best to make her understand in every single manner which I could but things didn't work out. Ultimately I decided that we should get a divorce. She is at her parents house since Apr.' 06. She still wants to be back & isn't ready to give divorce. Request you to please give me some valuable advice by which i could come out of this marriage asap.
Prakash Yedhula (Expert) 16 March 2008
As a personal advice, it is better you both meet a marriage counselor before going for a divorce.

In case you decide to separate, then you can file a petition for divorce on the ground of mental cruelty provided you are able to sustain and prove the your case.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 17 March 2008
Dear Chintan, as your wife is not ready for divorce, you can't move the joint petition for divorce ie divorce by mutual consent.In these circumstances you have the option to file the suit for divorce against your wife on the ground of mental & physical cruelity before the competant Court of Law at your District.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 20 June 2008
As my learned friend Prakash said you must meet marriage counselor first. please consider that your decision affects another life too.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 16 October 2008
I think in family Court there is a marriage counselor.In normal cases the divorce petition is filed after the counsiling of both the parties.
ritu bhadana (Expert) 02 April 2009
i agree with shine
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 06 May 2009
The Settlement efforts should be thwere either before the elders relatives or counselor , to come to a define conclusion, to go together, or to separated . Otherwise there is no purpose in filign Petition for divorce and the same situation will be prolonged in the Court, till final disposla of the Petition /Case .

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query