30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

need help for filing divorce in court

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
i married in dec 2009 and after mariage i was not staying wid my husband n his family coz of my studies, after 5months i went back n stayed wid him n his family for 2 months, we had frequent fights which we never disclosed to anyone, i tried to b quiet n adjust wid d situation, i was not happy wid the relationship i felt mentally tortured and as if he married for his physical needs. I asked him for divorce but he never took it seriously, in july i again went back to maharashtra for studies as i got fail but while leaving my inlaws place i told my husband tat i will never come back n i want divorce. he never took it seriously, he came to meet me 3times and everytime we had fight n argument. He tried to have forceful sex against my wish which i should call rape. After which i never allowed him to meet me then in dec 2010 i got job in punjab n so i shifted here without informing him.

Now i want to file a petition for divorce. My and his families are residing in Madhya Pradesh. Can i file the case for divorce from ludhiana? on wat grounds should i file the case?
Khaleel Ahmed (Expert) 20 January 2011
You are advised to consult with your local lawyer.
Amit Minocha (Expert) 20 January 2011
agree with expert,
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 20 January 2011
Both the courts in MP and Ludhiana has jurisdiction and for filing the case you need to appoint a legal professional.
Atuliya (Expert) 26 January 2011
Problem is your post does not bring out any grounds for divorce. Of course your lawyer may cook up a story of cruelty one of the grounds for divorce.
But i'd suggest if you can think it over and with the help of al lthe elders in the family [on both sides]resolve the issue it would be great to save the family unit.

Good Luck to you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query