LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

name change

(Querist) 27 December 2010 This query is : Resolved 
i have changed my name in the government gazette and i have got the required papers also from the government office also.

but when i went to apply my passport they say that its required to have ad on two different national newspapers.

Is it is required to give ad or is it is possible to give with the gazette paper only i can apply the passport.

please revert with details to be done for that
Bhawani Mahapatra (Expert) 27 December 2010
It is not clear in which way you changed your name, but it is always necessary to circulate your changed name through media, for all concern to know the same. So it is advisible to do what the passport authority is saying.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 27 December 2010
Gazette publication is enough, and more reliable than other publication or media.
SANJAY GUPTA (Expert) 28 December 2010
agree with Mr.Bhiwni

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query