Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Medical examination

(Querist) 13 May 2022 This query is : Open 
My mother's sister has been staying with us for the past 50 years. She is unmarried and 75 years old. Recently she left our house and started staying with a lady(40 years old) who is completely unrelated to our family. My mother's sister was showing some signs of mental issues before leaving our house. We had many times tried to get her examined by a psychiatrist before she left our house but she was not ready to co-operate with us. She was taking some anti-depressant medicine before leaving our house. We believe that she is suffering from some mental illness that is the reason she left our house.
The lady with whom our aunty is staying now was our neighbour for a couple of years and at that time she could able to establish a good relationship with our aunty and now her house is away from our house but regularly visits our neighbouring temples and all. As my aunty was showing some mental issues like, speaking vaguely alone, showing gestures alone, changing mood continuously, etc while staying with us,we tried to get her examined by a psychiatrist but my aunty was like she is absolutely fine. This unknown lady told my aunty that our family is trying to make my aunty a mad person and now my aunty believes that. Now, this lady is not allowing us to see our aunty.Her intention is to grab property in her name. He is taking a stand that a person who attained the age of majority can live with anyone at their wish. My aunty is also not ready to cooperate with us.
Could you please help us to understand whom should we approach to get her examined by a psychiatrist and give her the proper required treatment.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 13 May 2022
You have this query on 22nd April 2022 and it was answered. Why repeated wasting the time of forum members?
Nidhin M (Querist) 13 May 2022
"Complain the situation to the Police Station and seek their help for the unknown woman and also consult a psychiatrist without taking her, if the doctor advises to take her to his hospital, what you or the doctors/nursing staff can do to take her to the hospital."...This was your reply to our concern...Police told that they don't have any right to take her to the hospital without her permission....that is the reason I posted my concern again to get an expert solution....
KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Expert) 14 May 2022
Dear Sir,
You may file a Writ Petition of Habeas Corpus and tried to get her back and if required request the Hon’ble Court to get her examined by a Psychiatrist.
Nidhin M (Querist) 14 May 2022 there any provisions in mental health care act to get her examined by a psychiatrist..?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now