Maintenance not paid by land owner of the building

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
21 February 2021

Our building is in Thane. It is a 12 years old legal property with CC And OC received. However, one of our tenant was the land owner of that building where the building stands and he had some dispute with the builder on payment terms at the time of development because of which he is not paying maintenance since last 12 years. We have register the society and all the tenants are paying maintenance. However this land owner has 4 to 5 flats in the building because of which it is affecting our recovery of regular maintenance. How can we approach legally with immediate resolution to recover the maintenance from this owner. We will be applying for conveyance deed in few months to avoid future inconveniences due to natural calamities.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
21 February 2021

Put a petition against him to the Registrar of Coop. Building Societies of your District.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
21 February 2021

That will take time... i guess they will assign one person in our society to keep the records update and salary of that person will be beared by the society ... rite?

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
22 February 2021

1. Society may prefer to file "Recovery Proceedings" before the Coop. Registrar, against the defaulter member for Society's outstanding dues, by following due procedures of law. There is no other legal option.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

krishna mohanOnline (Expert)
24 February 2021

He can handle the dispute with the builder independently and honour the maintenance liability. You can follow the advise of Shri Hemant Agarwal expert in this matter.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x