LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legal heir certificate

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
how to obtain legal heir certificate from court and what is the fees and duration
A V Vishal (Expert) 24 January 2011
Legal Heir Certificate is not issued by a Court, the court grants succession certificate and the procedure to acquire it is as follows:

The Application is to be made in the court, where the properties of your deceased relative are situated or where he / she normally resided. Depending on the value of the estate of the deceased, the matter shall go to the type of court, which can conduct cases for that value [This is known as "pecuniary jurisdiction" of the court]

You have to apply to the court with the names of all other heirs of your late relative as the respondents in the matter. Normally a newspaper notice is also issued apart from mandatory notice to the respondents. Upon the expiry of the time period (normally 1 and a half months) from the date of publication of the notice after the respondents have given their no objection, the court passes the orders for issuance of the Succession Certificate in your name, for which you have to then submit Judicial Stamp papers of sufficient amount (as per the prescribed court fees structure) in the court, whereafter the Certificate is typed by the court staff, duly signed and sealed and delivered.

It should roughly take about 3-4 months from date of filing to receive your certificate.
manoj joshi (Expert) 27 January 2011
one simple procedure is aslo there..
just go to office of sdm of your district with add the vaild documents like death certificate.etc...and apply for list of members of family certificate..... in some state it works....u can get it wd in a week

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query