25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Income tax caculatio

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
i am working in a company.
i also invest some money into the stock market.I have a nett loss of 50000 from the same. During tax calculation this amount will be deduct from my total yearly income or not.
Jagmohan Rawat (Expert) 29 January 2011
Dear Friend, Ur income from stock market may be considered as capital gains or business income as per the nature of ur txns for the yr. If u are earning salary income from the company then u can not adjust/set off the loss from your stock market txns with your salary income. But however in case ur stock market loss falls into business loss then the same can be set off against rental income,business income and other source income if any earned by you.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 29 January 2011
I agree with Jagmohan.
M.V.GIRI (Expert) 30 January 2011

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query