Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to stop a insurance claim disbursment to a nominee

(Querist) 22 June 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts............Pls help urgently..........My brother died in road accident, he has insurance policy which will pay 17 lack rupees. nominee is his wife, she is not cooperating with family. she is threating family that she will not pay even a panny to rest of family. Kindly advice How we stop/hold the insurance claim. what kind of objections we can raise to stop or hold the claim
Ravikant Soni (Expert) 22 June 2011
You should file a pet to get succession certificate along with stay petition.
A nominy is nothing but administrator so he/she himself only not empowed to get all the sum of insurance policy.

prabhakar singh (Expert) 22 June 2011
mr Ravikant Soni is right .
SurenderKumar (Expert) 23 June 2011
i agree with above respected two Mr.P. Singh and Mr Ravikant soni, little more thing is there
RAJU O.F., (Expert) 23 June 2011
The insurance company will make the payment of policy amount only to the nominee, unless you obtain an Order from Court stopping such payment.
ANIL AGARWAL (Expert) 24 June 2011
In an insurance policy nominee is the sole beneficiary, when the claim is payable on the death of life insured. No other legal heirs can claim the amount. It is not a property of the deceased. The nominee is a person specifically nominated by the deceased to get the benefit on his death.
Jai Karan Nagwan (Expert) 24 June 2011
Mr. Aggarwal opinion qualify the legality in the present case. Secondly other relation shall understand, she lost everything. moreover brother of the deceased has no right to resist the claim, however parents if does not have sufficent means to lead their daily life can only claim from the money, but parent have another son also. so no chance of resistsnce of claim except to harrass the deceased wife.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query