LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to obtain occupancy certificate for old building

(Querist) 08 September 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Hi, I wanted to know how to obtain occupancy certificate in case the cooperative housing society has misplaced it. The building was constructed to serve as staff quarters in 1983 and subsequently the flats were sold to employees and the land was sold to a developer (with the condition that the existing buildings would remain untouched). A cooperative housing soc was formed by the new owners (ex employees). However, when we applied for a home loan recently, the bank wanted a copy of teh occupancy certificate. On asking the CHS, they said that they are not in possession of the same. What should be done to get a copy? Is there any other alternative document? is there anyway we can obtain the same from BMC as a prospective buyer.
Raju Ramparag Gupta (Expert) 09 September 2010
Dear KKG,
If you have misplaced the O.C:
Apply to B.M.C department for a duplicate one.

If your Society has not obtained O.C:
Approach B.M.C with all the relevant documents and apply for a new one.
The latest steps are being taken in the wake of a study by the BMC's development plan (DP) department to issue O.C to buildings of prior to 2001.
s.subramanian (Expert) 09 September 2010
I fully endorse the view of Mr.Raju.
KKG (Querist) 10 September 2010
Thanks for the prompt response. Would be grateful, if you could specify how much time it will take. Also, if i have the society registration number, can i find out the documents that they have submitted at the time of registration.
thanking you in advance.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query