Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How do i get my experience certificate from my ex-employer?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 08 October 2018 This query is : Resolved 
The context of my leaving was simple. I had intimated to my manager that I needed to leave urgently for personal reasons but he refused to accept my reasons and resignation. When I left later on without serving a notice period they sent me a show cause notice claiming abscondment (which I didn't because I had fully offered to buy out my own notice period and had intimated that I intend to leave). Later on they claimed as a part of full and final settlement I needed to pay 2+ lakh rupees to get my experience letter issued from the company. Since I didn't have that much money on me after leaving, I decided not to pursue the matter any further. An year later, the company merged with another IT giant and consequentially no one I know is working there anymore. I went on to do a masters and joined another company afterwards without the experience letter posing any issue. Now, I have been offered another job which I am quite keen on pursuing but they are insisting on an experience letter. Any ideas on how to get my letter?
Siddharth Jain (Expert) 08 October 2018
You will have to serve legal notice to your ex employer asking them to provide your experience certificate within 7 days of receipt of the legal notice.

If they fail to do so, you will have to file a suit for declaration in Civil Court in order to get the same.

Any other queries, feel free to contact me at
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 10 October 2018
Anonymous author is not obliged by experts as per rules of this platform.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query