LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassment by wife

(Querist) 04 November 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir, My one of the friend who get love married one year back and his marriage also solemnized by me. Now their family life is not so good even I say very worst family life, his wife all the time torture my friend mentally as well as physically and even not give the divorce. His wife may be possible file false FIR u/s 498 or Domestic violence or in much more. Now my question is for preventive steps what should my friend do? How he get divorced? Is he file a complaint before his wife put a wrong allegations on him? Even suggests - what precautions he would have to take so its will help in future litigation or save from police or other authority.
Thanks & Regards > CS Ritesh Rathod
manoj joshi (Expert) 04 November 2014
joshi associates
manoj joshi
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 04 November 2014
This place is not meant for publicity.

He can file suit for divorce. There is no preventive steps for 498A case except to apply for anticipatory bail.
If she files cany case then fight it out on merit.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 04 November 2014
The best preventive step is amicable settlement, if not possible defend if any case is initiated from them. Engage the services of local lawyer.
Ritesh Rathod (Querist) 04 November 2014
Sir can we file a complaint in police station or Mahila police station for our safety. And than we file a petition u/ s 13 - 1 for divorce. Or suggest any other preventive steps for our safety which might be helpful for divorce petition.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 06 November 2014
Yes, you can do that.
Ritesh Rathod (Querist) 12 November 2014
Barman sir one of the advocate told me that for filing contest divorce petition one year separation is precondition. Is it so? Because another advocate say that for contest divorce one year separation not required. Please advise me.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query