LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Enrollment query

(Querist) 21 March 2021 This query is : Resolved 
respected sir/ madam,
I am a recent graduate from Mumbai University and have enrolled in Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa. But due to corona i have had to shift back to Kolkata, and now wish to practice here for at least a couple of years, maybe more. Do i need to get registered with the West Bengal Bar Council separately? if yes, is it mandatory to disclose my prior enrollment? (I am appearing for the AIBE this April). Is it better to register with the WB Bar Council after getting my AIB license?
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 21 March 2021
The advocate act in its Section 18 deals with such transfer of enrollment from one state to another.

Any person whose name is entered as an advocate on the roll of any State Bar Council can make an application in the prescribed form to the Bar Council of India for the transfer of his name from the roll of that State Bar Council to the roll of any other State Bar Council.

The form is available at the Bar Council website.

On such an application the Bar Council of India can direct that the name of such person shall be removed from the roll of the former State Bar Council and entered in the roll of the latter State Bar Council.

No fee is required for such a transfer.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 March 2021
Well advised by expert Mr. K Rajasekharan, I endorse and appreciate.
However, transfer fees is charged by Bar Council of India and State, please recheck.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query