LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce Procedure

(Querist) 14 March 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I am married for 10 months now and not satisfied with it. I want to end this relationship at the earliest. Please guide me as to how to go about it? Which court do i need to go to? I am located in Madhya Pradesh, India.
Please advice.
Thank you.
Manish Singh (Expert) 14 March 2008
You must base your Divorce Petition on the grounds provided under the Hindu Marriage Act.
Otherwise you will have to file a petition with mutual consent ie. your wife also wants the marriage to be dissolved.
You need to go to the Family Court of your city if the said court has been established there otherwise go to the Civil Court.
Vishwanath tripathi (Expert) 15 March 2008
Dear Milan,you can file for divorce only after completin of 1 year of your marriage.and best and safest procedure will be the divorce petition on mutual consent for you otherwise you will face many complications and problems,so, you convince your wife for divorce on mutual consent.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 15 March 2008
You may file the suit for divorce against your wife after one year from the marriage date.You may file it at the Family Court or any other competant court if family Court is not there.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 20 June 2008
what do you mean by you are not satisfied??? it is not easy to severe a marital knot that easily
ritu bhadana (Expert) 02 April 2009
i agree with mr. srinivas just on the grounds that you are not satisfied you cannot seek divorce.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query