LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dissertion , Dowry Harrassment & Cheating

(Querist) 18 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
My marriage was arranged by my husband's family without my family or anyone else in June 2004. I have a boy baby of 3 yrs 6 months. He and his family continuously tortured me for bringing wealth from my family. My husband started advertising in matrimonial websites for his marriage within 5 months of our marriage. My in-laws didnot bother anything about it. His behavior was very different and only last year, I came to know that he was arrested in his native and kept in jail for around 9 days and all dailies published the news. The girl who lodged police complaint has given an exclusive interview in a popular tamil magazine.As I reside in Bangalore, I was unaware of all these. I was shocked to hear this as neither he nor his parents and the only sister hidden this fact from me for more than 3 years. Last year, he disserted me and my kid.I tried all means to get in touch with my husband. But his parents and sister demanded huge sum from me if I had to talk to my husband. I had no other go but to lodge a complaint in bangalore police statiion stating Dissertion, Dowry Harrassment and Cheating.

Now he is only appearing in the court here.His family members not appearing and claim for exemption from personal exemption on medical grounds and travelling distance. They are not ready to bear the responsibility of sheltering and protecting me and my kid.

Through their counesl, they compel me to withdraw the case if to find any solution to the problem. Please suggest me how to make my family life continue free of troubles.

nitin (Expert) 18 August 2008
whether you have lodge an FIR under sec.498 or under other sec.
secondly i want to know what are the age of the parents of the husband and how many times they have made the exemption.
thirdly, whether you have filed an application under section 125 crpc for the maintenance, if not you must proceed with that along with the application under section 125(3)for the grant of the interim maintenance. for the benifit of the child and the lady
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 18 August 2008
Dear, there is no question of withdrawing the case in this manner. If there is hope for unite the spouse, the reconciliation proceedings may be initiated.

For better response from the members pls provide all relevant details in your querry.
praveen kumar (Expert) 19 August 2008
Dear sis,bs,
So far as the pressure of your counssel regarding the withdrawal of the case is concerned,it is totally your personal matter. It is you who has to decide to withdraw the case or not. Nobody cam force you to do so and if your counsel forces you to do so. you can engage another counsel and make the complaint of that earlier counsel to the Bar Council,and so far as the question of your husbands' relatives not appearing in the court is concerned you can not compel them to appear on each and every date once they are granted bail by the court. At last, my personal advice to you is,if the matter canbe solved out of court by divorce or reconcialation or payment of money in the form of alimony,it will be the best because the process of the court is a slow and lengthy process and the accused is always there to exploit it
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 21 August 2008
Its high time for you to decide your future course of action. Whether you want to live with him or you want to live by your own. Then only you will be able to handle the talks of compromise with much efficiency. Dual mind on the table of compromise will not be helpful for you. for any advise if you need you can contact me at or you can call me at 94401-20259

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query