LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Detention under crpc 151

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 July 2022 This query is : Open 
I was recently detained by UP Police (Phantom) and got released after furnishing bail bond. At the time of my arrest (I wasn't aware it was arrest), that we (Phantom) are asked to take you to police station because we have a written complaint from your wife. Since my wife have many times dialed 100 and woman hotline number many times in past few months and as a process both of us had to visit the local PS and from there the Police usually advised my wife to take the matter to court. However this time I was taken to PS on 1 June at 21:30 hrs and wasn't informed until next day that I have been booked under CrPC 151 and the form submitted to SEM read that "while our patrol on June 1, we found this person yelling and fighting with his wife and attempted to warn him. But the person overlooked our warning and thus has been detained under sec 151". The form didnt mention my wife or the context of detaining me. There was clearly no violence at the time of my arrest and I cooperated with Phantom police and wilfully went with them. If I would have been doing such a misconduct the neighbours would have watched too. The police came in silently, first called up my wife on the gate and then showed me a written copy of her complaint filed a week ago. The Phantom police told told me that they are taking me to PS because of that written complaint. Is such detention lawful? Can I establish that such detention was caused by my wife's action? Kindly advise

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now