related to AGM

This query is : Resolved 

21 September 2009

HOW DO I conduct AGM of my company.
I am in a mess dont know how to start and what to do exactly.
how to present annual report in AGM
i have just qualified CS and this would be my first agm .
so I am little confussed and naervous.
plz help


Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert)
21 September 2009

Don't become confusse and naervous for unstabe things , agm is also human fase as a strong man who have the ability to become CS.
yr confidence with u.

cs (Querist)
21 September 2009

hi thanks sarvesh for motivating me but the problem is to how to prepare for it


Manish Singh (Expert)
28 September 2009

firstly convene a board meeting as per section 286 and approve the time place etc.
if any dividend is to be declared in the agm, then consider it at the board meeting.

notice of the AGm should be given to all the members, debenture holders, sharehoders, trustees of debenture holders, directors and auditors, as per section 171 (1) and must be given for 21 clear days. if need to be sent by pots then must be given 48 hrs earlier to 21 days. the notice should be annexed with the special business apart frm four ordinary business as under section 173.

nw hold the meeting. in case of public company at least 5 members must be present to form a quorum unless AoA provides otherwise. fr pvt co, its 2.
chairman of the meeting reads the chairman speech and the secretary of the co reads out the auditors report and alike.
also lay down the balance sheet and profit and loss account as per sec 210(3).
then file three certified true copy the balance sheet and the profit and loss account within 30 days with the ROC.
fil within 60 days the annual return as pe sction 159 (1).
if any special resolution is apssed then file with the ROC within 60 days.
also see whether u need any compliance certificate frm a company secretary which must be filed within 30 days.
if ur comp. is listed u need to comply with some more regulations.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x