LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 15 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 
As the rates quoted by me were the lowest,the Tender was awarded to me. A formal letter was sent to me on 30.2.95 to informing that my tender has been accepted and that i have to required to deposit a bank guarantee for Rs, 10,00000/- within 45 days from date of letter. This letter failed to reach me, company meanwhile after waiting the prescribed 45 days deided to start legal proceedings and filed a suit of breach of contract. What should i do? Is the company has a power to do so aginst me ? Which section is in my favour which against?
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 15 February 2009
As you have no intimation of acceptance of contract, you cannot fulfill the requirement of contract. The company is not justified in initiating the breach of contract proceeding.
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 15 February 2009
I agree with the views of Mr. Rajesh.
Guest (Expert) 16 February 2009
Immediately send a notice saying that you have not received the notice asking you to deposit bank guarantee. You also inform that this fact came to your notice after they filed the suit.

If you are interested to have the contract on the basis of the tender, say so in your notice. Really if you are interested to do business with that party, go through the tender conditions and these conditions give scope to ascertain your right as the lowest bidder.

Abhishek (Expert) 17 February 2009
well...Mr. RAjesh has a valid point..
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 23 February 2009
1. The company can not initiate legal proceedings because there is no valid contract.
2. For a valid contract the acceptance must be given. in your case you are not performed i.e. not deposited the said amt within specified time, so not accepted. 3. For any offer in contract the acceptence is also prime concern. in your case, due to postal delay, non-deposit of said amt will not attract the breach of contract.
so u don't happy and approch a suitable advocate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query