Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can i elegible to get a Govt Service?

(Querist) 11 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir,

I would be highly obliged if you give me the positive answer. Sir I am a Civil defense volunteer I have been working with this concern since 5 years and performed so many duties on behalf of District Magistrate on the Critical situation on 14/05/08 send us for Election Duties on the Panchayet Election with valid appointment letter.

Now My question is that Can I Claim for government Service?

Guest (Expert) 12 June 2008
It depends on terms of your appointment if any or are you a daily wages worker or what.

When you say volunteer, it gives an impression that you were not in employment.

If want employment, DM cannot take you directly. There will be an employment bearaue which will invite applications and select candidates. If there is an invitation like that please try.

As volunteer, you stand on a different footing.
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 12 June 2008
You can not claim the permanent employment on the basis of a voluntary service you have rendered. Even the daily wagers/casual employees can not claim permanency unless they have been engaged for sufficent long time against permanent vacancies availble and thus have been flagrantly nexploited by denying permanency.
However, at the time, if permanent vacacies come up, you can claim preference by virtue of the facts of your case.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :