LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 19 November 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Can the gram panchayat has a power to give/grant building permission (under which act & section)?

There is a Maharashtra regional Town Planning act 1966 is in existance in the district, but in some areas of the same district(villages) there are no nagarpalika/mahanagarpalika.

Then what is the right & legal authority to take a building permission falling in village?
A) Gram Panchayat (sarpanch / gram sevak)
B) Town planning authority

Give the reason & act and section
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 20 November 2008
Refer dist municipalities act and village panchayat act under this act panchayat has power to sanction buildings and houses.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 21 November 2008
Gramapanchayat has a power to grand building permission in villeges under Panchayathi Raj Act.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query