LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Banking Services

(Querist) 10 March 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Banker failed to send notice to me & broked My locker for non payment of locker rent. whether it amounts deficency of service & I Claim damage charges to banker.
sanjay singh thakur (Expert) 10 March 2009
Dear Ratnakar
You can validly file case before the District Consumer Forum for the above act on the part of bank. This is because the same amount to unfair trade practice as well as deficiency in service on the part of bank.
Sanjay Singh Thakur
Guest (Expert) 11 March 2009
Yes. I agree Mr. Sanjay Singh. Please do make sure to file a case against the erring bank, so that they can understand the rights of their clients.
The Banker Should serve proper notice before doing such activity. If Such a force somes before the to break the locker. He has to broke before the erstile bank branch manager & before the concerned police of bank & Consumer with video evidencing. case law Aadh Kishore Sahay Vs. Standard Chartered Bank iV [2008]CPJ 213(NC)
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 11 March 2009
I agree with my friends.
S.JAYAKUMAR (Expert) 11 March 2009

The Banker has no power or any authority to open a locker without getting permission from the owner of the locker. The Bank has a duty to send a intimation regarding the non payment of rent to the owner through a letter or any notice.
I am of the opinion the bank has not followed any rules in your case and committed breach of trust and also deficiney in service.
so you have a right to file a case in the " decificency in service " in the consumer court and also to file case as " breach of trust" in the civil court.

i want to clarify with you " How many months you are not paid the rent? Reply me, i will give you more details in this regard.

With Regards
e-mail i.d :

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query