LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Associate membership for Housing Society

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 August 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I am one of the office bearer in housing society situated in mumbai falls under Maharashtra Housing Society Act 1960.

One of the member of the Society is not paying dues ( seasoned defaulter ) of the society since 15 years. His flat is in the joint name with his wife.

Now he wants to nominate his elder son as a associate members of the Society. My question is that is it necessary that should society acknowledge his request and accept his son as an associate members and if it is yes then under which provision of the act?
AMAR RANU (Expert) 07 August 2010
His all applications of any nature to the society are subject to his clearance of all dues.
You have to acknowledge all documents but keep them pending sine die till he clears his dues.
Let him go anywhere,nothing will come out of it as no quasi judicial authority is competent enough to force a registered society to entertain a defaulter.
s.subramanian (Expert) 08 August 2010
yes.amar is right

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query