LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

about right to information what i can do?

(Querist) 15 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir,
I had applied for passport on 6/4/04.
but still i cant have the passport. passport office said that they had despetch it on 7/7/ 04. so our duty is whatever you want about passport go Post office. Now sir, the question is that I had paid the full fees to the passport office. I m being the customer of passport office. so whatever i want about passport why cant get it from passport office. is passport office says me like that? whose responsibility to provide my passport?Please give the adive which help me to get passport
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 15 January 2009
If the passport office says that the passport is dispatched, get outward no. and also details as to whether it was sent by ordinary post or regd post or what. If they give outward number and other details, lodge a complaint with the postal authorities. If the passport is lost in transit, you will have to apply to the passport authority. You can file proceeding against the postal authority for damages.
AEJAZ AHMED (Expert) 15 January 2009
Dear Kamlesh,

Mr. Planitkar is rightly said.

Generally, the Passport Authority is now Sendig Passport by Registered Post, after completion of all the formalities.

I think, you kept safely, the original RECEIPT, which issued by the Possport Authority after receiving of your application.

First, do submit one application to The Regional Passport officer of your State, by stating that, you still didn't received your passport, either PERSONALLY or if they won't take then send by Registered post.

Secondly, ask them to furnish a details of status of your application. Or otherwise, you can get the STATUS of you application, through internet, on their site. In status, upon entering Your "File No." you can see the "STATUS" of your application, with the Postal Registration Slip Number and date on which they dispatched.

Then, submit one application, before the Concerned postal Authority, Customer Care Centre, by mentiong the details about the Registered Postal slip No, then they will provide you with the Memo, about the details of the said Registered Postal Article, whether it is served or returned or otherwise what happend.

Then, you can take action, either on Passport Authority or Postal Authority.


Further, you can file one application with the said claim of non-receipt of PASSPORT, before the GRIEVANCES CELL of Concerened Regional Passport Office. Their is also in every week they are held one Passport Adalt, you can seek relief there also.

A. A. JOSE (Expert) 15 January 2009
Both the friends have dealt with the issue elaborately and I fully support their advise please.
J. P. Shah (Expert) 15 January 2009
I would also invite you to my files on delay in issue of passports. It guides you to file RTI application.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 15 January 2009
I do agree with my all Ld. Friends.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 20 January 2009
I also agree with the above views.
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 10 March 2009
yes, you need to know the outward number, mode of post( ordinary or registered) and date of the post etc...

thereafter you can file a complaint to the post master in your area post office.

based on that, you may get another passport as per the legal proceedings.

at the same time, you can file a case for the damages, for defficiency of service.
Kamlesh soni (Querist) 11 March 2009
Ashey (Expert) 01 April 2009
Thanks Mr.Ahmed

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query