LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to register will

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 February 2011 This query is : Resolved 
All the property is in my mother's name(purchased by father in her name). I have 2 sisters(both married).

My father is alive. My mother wants to will all the property to me after her death. Can any1(sisters and father{as the property purchased by him}) object on this.

Please tell me the procedure to register will. If possible please provide a will format.

Property is in Haryana and UP
Dayananda Gowda (Expert) 12 February 2011
As per Hindu Law, the property which is standing in the name of female member of the family considered as her individual or self acquired properties. Hence no one including your father and you have no right over the said property. she can disposed the said property as her own will.

The registration of will is optional in India. your mother may be registered the will before the jurisdictional sub registrar. it should be executed before minimum two witness. For format please contact good advocate in your place
Kirti Kar Tripathi (Expert) 12 February 2011
I agree With Mr. Dayananda Gowda. Your mother is absolute owner of said property and has absolute right to dispose of as she wish. In case she make any will in favour of any person, the same can not be challenged any person.
barun deka (Expert) 12 February 2011
i agree with my friends, but if you are a muslim the question of bequethable third will come wherein your mother would not be able to bequeth all her property not more than 1/3rd.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 12 February 2011
Mother can write a will to that effect.
Will can be registered before the Registrar at his office on payment of registration charges.

There is no specific format for a will. You can download from share files section
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 February 2011
Thanks to you all for your support

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query